Sunday 7 July 2013

Pictures on a blog. How difficult should that be?

It should be really easy. I shouldn't be spending an hour trying to get one picture into one blog. It should just be drag and drop. 

I have pictures on my telephone and have told it several times to upload them to the internet. There's a function in my blogging software to turn emails into posts, which I use most of the time. I can add photos to my blogs. There's a function on my phone to add photos to emails. How easy would it be to get the phots I send in emails to my blog to appear on the blog?

I used to use Picasa, but at some point google seemed to try to stop me from using that. There are various functions that will automatically send photos from my phone to the cloud somewhere, then it should be as simple as embedding a link to the picture. The latest I tried was on dropbox. It suggests that it's as  simple as clicking the image, sharing the link and then pasting it where you want, but blogger was having none of it. The photo was password-protected. There was nowhere in dropbox obvious to make a file public, except moving it to the public folder. This eventually worked, but the photo was rotated on its side, and not fit to the screen. So I got the picture of the plant pot knocked over on its side with grains of soil the size of moonrocks.

So am I being stupid or is it the internet?

No don't answer. I am just one person. One flawed human. The internet is the combined wisdom of millions, getting on for billions of people. It's bloody obvious that the internet is being stupid.

A picture paints a thousand words. So go to google image search if you want an picture. If you want the thousand words, you've come to the right place.